IRIS is seeking a Director of Product Development to lead the agile development team. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to work with a progressive company with the potential for strong career progression and significant income opportunities. This individual will lead the team of innovators and drive the IRIS product line to new heights. This role will have direct supervision over the entire development team along with all current and new products. This position will work directly with the CIO to map out product lifecycle strategy and will be responsible for executing that strategy. This individual will also report out monthly to the Executive team on key accomplishments, progress towards quarterly goals and share any barriers to success. While this role is primarily focused on product and team direction, this individual must have a background in development and understand how to take requirements from concept to product. Finally, some travel is required to gain a greater understanding of the IRIS client base and the use of the products in the field.
This is a dynamic position local to the Pensacola offices and an opportunity to work with the market leaders in the eye telemedicine space.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Product lifecycle management experience.
- Project Management skills (PMP/LEAN certifications a plus).
- Agile methodology understanding.
- Work breakdown processes.
- Development lifecycle understanding.
- People and budget management.
- Understanding of development principals such as N-tier applications, micro-services, web based platform development, Test Driven Development, and others.
- Visual Studio Team Services knowledge a plus.
- Requirements documentation and breakdown into feature, story, task.
- Sprint management.
- Presentation skills.
- Development operations and release management principal’s a plus.
- HIPAA and quality management processes.
- FDA 510K concepts (a plus)
- Medical terminology (a plus)
- Local to Pensacola, in-office work required
- Bachelor’s degree required – Computer Science or M.I.S. preferred
- This role will split time as follows:
- 70% product team management and development operations.
- 30% (as needed) development duties on individual projects.
Technical Proficiency (not required but a plus):
- Angular 2+
- Document Databases
- Relational Databases (SQL server)
- Understanding of the Microsoft Azure offerings
- Azure Function App Development
- Azure App Services Development
- net Web API
- net Core (optional)
Languages (not required but a plus):
Salary: Based on Experience
Sound like you? Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com